Friday, March 20, 2009

KNOW WHEN TO QUIT


So Three Cups of Tea was not exactly my cup of tea. It was on my list of books to read for a long time and many people have enjoyed this book so I felt almost obligated to read it. I forced myself through several pages before I finally decided to just take this book back to the library. I just couldn't get into the story. Maybe it was a little to "deep" for me and there were so many long confusing names of people to read which made it a little boring. Everyone is different therefore everyone is entitled to their own opinion on what is a good book. What I did learn is that there are so many thousands of books out there to read, why waste my time on one that I don't enjoy?

3 comments:

Lizzy Hortin said...

I know what you mean, you can only give a book so much time to get good before you switch to a better one

Anonymous said...

I have a few books like that too. Did you ever read the "poisonwood bible" or something like that? It is an oprah book club book but I just couldn't get into it. I bought a few years ago and it has sat on my shelf ever since... I gave up on it.

Melissa said...

I think I read the Poisonwood Bible, but it wasn't that great.