
Within just a few days I finished Twenty Wishes by Debbie Macomber. I couldn't put it down. It's what I call a "feel good book." This book is part of the Blossom Street stories and I have really enjoyed all of them. In this particular story, a group of women who aren't happy and going through a lot of struggles get together one night and decide that they need to each make a list of 20 wishes and accomplish things they never have done in life but have always wanted to do. As each women starts to complete their lists, they become much more happier with life and learn that they can do anything. One little girl in the story stated, "you have to let your head know what your heart wants." This story really inspired me and infact I am going to start my own list of twenty wishes!
6 comments:
Ohhhh. I want to read this one! Sounds just like the kind of book I need to get me motivated for this summer's goals!
OK, You are really making me want to start reading. I am going on a little vacation... If I decide to read one book, what would you suggest?
I like easy reading, and it has to be interesting. Since I got out of high school, I have only read 4 1/2 books...The Twilight series and the first work and the glory part of the second... So I am putting you to the test, Please pick a good one for me! (you have till Sat.)
Karen, I really think you would love Austenland! It's pretty short and funny and a really great read!
What a great idea for a blog. I'm always looking for a good book to read. It was good to see you and your family at Alisa's shower. I would love to be invited to your other blog. My email address is stephwesley7@gmail.com
Melissa I love this blog. I just finished reading Running with Angels. It was a interesting book. I am going to the Library to check out Austenland. I love Jane Austen, so this seems like it will be a good read. Did you see the movie "becoming Jane"?
Jenny, I thought "Running with Angels" was very inspiring. It made me want to get up and run! Also, she had so many trials and still kept a positive attitude. Great read!
Post a Comment