
Last night was the one year anniversary of Book Club (yay!) I enjoy getting together with other women and having great discussions! For April we read The Help which I think is a must read for all! The story made me laugh, it made me cry and it made me think. How could humans be so cruel to other humans simply because their skin is a different color? What was wrong with them? There are so many great quotes from this story, but here are some of my favorites:
- "Wasn't that the point of the book? For women to realize, we are just two people. Not that much separates us. Not nearly as much as I'd thought."
- "You is kind. You is smart. You is important."
- "Ever morning, until you are dead in the ground, you gone have to make this decision. You gone have to ask yourself, "Am I gone believe what them fools say about me today?"
- "Ugly live up on the inside. Ugly be a hurtful, mean person. Is you one a them peoples?"
1 comment:
I loved this book. AND I love those quotes. You gotta say them with a southern black accent though!
Post a Comment