Friday, September 18, 2009

SEPTEMBER BOOK CLUB

I am still here, if anyone out there reads this blog. It's been awhile..... Last night we had our September book club and discussed The Shape of Mercy. It was a good read that I happened to pick up at the library's reader's choice table. It's basically about a girl who gets hired to transcribe the journal of a young lady who was hung during the time of the Salem witch trials. We agreed we all learned a lesson from this story but I won't say what it is. I really didn't know much about the witch trials but because of this book I was able to learn more.

3 comments:

Jake Reschke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mary said...

Melissa
A book club sounds fun. It looks like you have read a lot of fun books. I hope all is well with you and your husband and life is treating you good

Aunt Mary

Melissa said...

Thanks for the comment Mary. Life is going O.K. right now. I'd love for you to come to our book club some time ,it is fun.