
Last night, as I was making some cupcakes to bring to my family, I thought of one of my favorite
picture books, "Somebody Loves You, Mr. Hatch," by Eileen Spinelli. In this sweet story, Mr. Hatch was a lonely man who kept to himself until one Valentine's Day when the mailman brought a giant box of chocolates with a note that stated, "somebody loves you." Mr. Hatch is thrilled that someone cares about him and this act of kindness transforms Mr. Hatch into a much happier person and one who wants to help other people. I won't ruin the end of the story, but this is one that teaches a great lesson about service and how one small act of kindness can really brighten someone else's day.
3 comments:
ohhhhhhhhh I LOVE those plates.
I have heard you talk about this book before. I think I need to buy it and add it to my collection.
Cute V-day pic!!
I love how kids books always have a great message for everybody!
Post a Comment